Location: Rockville, MD
Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this our outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The sales arborist team are our subject matter experts, providing consulting and expertise to commercial and residential properties in the area. Our tribe thrives on autonomy and opportunity, treating customers as their own and building their own business within SavATree. As one of our arborists put it, “it’s as close as you can get to working for yourself, without actually doing it.”
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work outside and visit beautiful, luxurious properties. You’ll apply your expertise to ensure the health and well-being of each client’s landscape.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each employee the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. This means actively fostering a collaborative culture where we come together to learn from each other and help each other succeed. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
What a day is like:
Your main focus will be to service and cultivate your assigned territory. This will involve visiting clients and prospects to diagnose and monitor landscapes, as well as estimating job costs and providing quotes. You’ll set up crews, supervise work being performed, and ensure jobs are completed to clients' satisfaction, as well as obtain referrals from clients, network, and develop new business. Occasionally, you’ll participate in community and industry events such as presentations to horticultural associations, garden clubs, trade shows, community organizations, etc.
What kind of person we’re looking for:
- We’re a great place for people looking for room to grow, opportunity, create success and autonomy to improve processes. That means you might find yourself in a situation where there is no rule book and you have to solve problems on your own. Some people bloom in that kind of situation and some people feel uncomfortable with that much ambiguity.
- Someone with a degree in Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Environmental Sciences, Landscape Management, Turfgrass, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of tree, shrub, and/or lawn
- Someone who can grow their book of business to achieve higher sales.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to understand and meet client needs.
- A valid driver's license to reach clients in your region.
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training opportunities and will support your continuing education in the industry
- You’ll work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We’re collaborative, so you’ll have the ability to connect and collaborate with people in experts in the field
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, vehicle program, a matched 401(K), and an annual Winner’s Circle all expenses paid vacation
Back to Job Listings