Consulting Utility Forester
Location: Northern California
ERM is hiring Consulting Utility Forester to provide temporary Vegetation Management support services throughout various areas of Northern California. As we work to identify specific needs and work locations, support will be assigned by district and may include several districts within a limited geographic area (i.e., zone/region). The Utility Forester will perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines. Project duration is expected through December 2019.
The below physical demands and work environment are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Adequate physical ability and mobility to work in an outdoor field environment in remote locations;
- Walking, standing and operating a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time;
- Travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes;
- Exposure to noise, dust, smoke and all types of weather and temperature conditions;
- Operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, smart phone, compass, and beacon.
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
- Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into handheld computer
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Pro-actively promote safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Conduct grid reviews and inspections
- Interact with local public agencies (i.e. State, County, City, Fire Department, Coastal Commission, etc.)
- Provide reporting and updates for management
- Assist in overall system-wide VM operations and TSP support as needed
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related field OR minimum of 1 year of related arboricultural experience
- Proficient with electronic devices and systems, such as mobile devices, GIS programs, MS Excel/Word
- Familiarity with tree growth rates and habits
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- Electrical utility projects preferred
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred
- TRAQ or CTSP certifications preferred
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This is a 1 year renewable contract opportunity with Healthcare benefit.
Back to Job Listings