CDL / Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Salary: $30 - $33 to start based on experience
The heavy equipment operator operates a variety of contractor equipment and trucks used in tree care and removal, construction, maintenance, and repair activities and performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance.
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as mechanized broom, backhoe, man-lift, dump truck, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators, skid steers and jetter/inductor truck.
- Operates chipper, mowers, brush chippers and other small equipment and tools.
- Works with and assists the crew in hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with tree care, and landscaping.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, with clean driving record
- Valid CDL License
- Class A /B Commercial license or Hoisting
- Minimum 2 years experience in tree pruning using crane, bucket operation, rigging, roping, climbing and removal
- Tree and Shrub identification
- Safety Use / Proven Knowledge of Bucket Trucks, Chain Saw Operations and Chippers.
- Tree Climbing Experience
- Tree Removal and Pruning
- ISA license preferred
Required work authorization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
San Francisco, CA, United States
San Francisco, California 94080
Back to Job Listings