Location: New Westminster, B.C.
Salary: Range $30.00 - $36.00; Proportionate to experience.
M2 Landscape Architecture and Arboriculture is looking for an enthusiastic person to join us! We are an energetic, busy company in New Westminster, B.C. with a variety of projects and opportunities. We specialize in both Landscape Architecture and Consulting Arboriculture, with emphasis in collaboration between the two fields. We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic person, who is self-starting, energetic and willing to collaborate, for a Full-Time ISA Certified Arborist to work in the field and in the office.
We are searching for a full time Consulting Arborist to work in coordination with landscape design for development sites. We believe that Consulting Arborists are as important as Landscape Architects and Architects for the completion of a successful and sustainable project. We pride ourselves that our clients rely on us to provide fully coordinated Landscape Architectural and Arborist Services for development projects.
This role will encourage collaboration with clients, consultants and municipalities for tree retention and protection during the construction process. The successful candidate will be able to be involved with projects such as Hospitals, Law Courts and large multi family communities, and be able to impact the early course of development. We are close to skytrain and transit and are located in the growing old town area of New Westminster, within a block of New Westminster Quay, in a beautiful brick heritage building.
- Preparing tree inventories, arborist reports, memos and other written documentation as required for construction projects
- Corresponding with clients, municipalities, consultants and contractors.
- Site monitoring during construction or demolition
- Tree risk assessments
- Arborist project management for complex projects, with opportunities to work with important city collections of tree resources
- Providing recommendations for mitigation and best management practices for construction around retention of vegetation
- Providing information and coordination for risk management for clients based on urban forestry models
Education and Experience:
- Formal education in arboriculture, urban forestry, biology, ecology, horticulture, environmental science or associated fields.
- Certified ISA Arborist with minimum 3-5 years experience in arboriculture or urban forestry field
- Certified Hazard Tree (TRAQ) Assessor
- Practical knowledge in aspects of Consulting arborist work including tree inventory, vegetation identification, arborist reports, communication and coordination skills, integrated pest management and mitigation of construction interference, municipal by-laws and permit process in relation to urban forestry and arborist requirements, experience in technical detailing, drafting and construction practices for coordination with consultants
- Strong organizational skills, self-starting and able to review and understand scope of work and coordination with construction crews, municipal and consultant coordination
- Written and verbal skills in English required
- Professional appearance and ability to work easily with clients, consultants and government
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PC Computers
- Current Drivers Licence
- Climbing experience is not required.
- Potential for training in Autocad and cad drafting
- Hourly, ranged between $30.00 - $36.00 hour (based on skills and qualifications)
- Opportunities for bonuses and profit sharing
- Opportunities for job development and advancement, education and training
- Great full range benefit package
- Please contact Rachel at office; either phone or email; 604-553-0044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#220, 26 Lorne Mews
New Westminster, British Columbia V3M3L7
Back to Job Listings