Arborist Trainee / Ground Crew
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Arborist Trainee / Ground Crew with K Thomas Lawson LLC, Charlottesville, VA
- Interest in developing skill and knowledge in the tree care industry
- one year experience as ground crew for a tree care or landscaping firm or similar physically demanding outdoor job
- enjoys outdoor working conditions
- capable of sometimes strenuous physical labor in all weather conditions
- takes initiative for independent work and also be a dedicated team player
- wants full time employment
Ground Crew duties include:
- hauling brush,
- lifting heavy wood,
- use of forestry equipment including chipper and chainsaws,
- assisting arborist in lowering wood,
- assisting arborist with access to equipment,
- monitoring job site for safety,
- operating vehicles, and much more.
Training and certification opportunities provided for the right candidates. Valid Virginia driver’s license required.
Our company is known for excellent customer service by all staff, safe working procedures, and quality tree work. We are currently growing our scope of services and adding a crew. We are a non-smoking company. This position may be available for part time. Salary commensurate with experience.
The tree care industry continues to grow in residential and commercial sectors and dedicated individuals who learn the skills can expect to find regular employment.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Arborist Trainee / Ground Crew" in the subject line.
Back to Job Listings