Arborist Climber, K Thomas Lawson LLC in Charlottesville Virginia
Location: Charlottesville, VA
K Thomas Lawson LLC in Charlottesville, Virginia is looking for an experienced Arborist Tree Climber to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have 1-5 (or more) years of relatable experience and a natural love for the outdoors. Experience must be with rope and saddle, not just climbing with spikes.
Most days you’ll be helping our clients maintain and beautify their trees and shrubs. We expect you to work hard, consistently, and have a valid driver’s license and transportation. In return, you get to be part of a great team, be rewarded with good pay, and receive the respect and recognition you deserve. We can help teach you as much about arboriculture as you wish to learn and provide opportunities for industry certifications. Ready to join our team as an Arborist Climber?
Arborist Climbers work on our General Tree Care teams. GTC climbers help prune and remove trees and shrubs, install support and lightning-protection systems, and more. Candidates with ISA or TCIA certifications are preferred and/or will be given preference. Salary is based on previous work experience.
Arborist Climber Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and proper use of safe and various tree climbing techniques.
- Safely and consistently perform all types of small and large tree care pruning.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical tree removals using conventional rigging techniques.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical crane-assisted tree removals.
- Ensure all tools and personal belongings are removed from each job site and properly stowed on trucks and trailers upon job completion.
- All responsibilities associated with Arborist Trainee (aka grounds person).
- Strict adherence to all industry and company safety protocols.
- Consistent and proper use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Clearly and respectfully communicate with all crew members, manager, and clients.
- Safely and courteously drives company vehicles, as qualified, to maintain a good company image.
- Maintains assigned company gear.
- Completes and maintains annual training programs as directed.
- Learns to identify the basic trees and shrubs common to the service area.
- Maintains a composed, respectful and positive attitude toward all fellow employees, clients and working situations…. at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility to take on additional tasks as assigned.
Arborist Climber Qualifications
1-5 years of tree climbing experience.
Affinity for the outdoors and adventure.
Possesses a valid Virginia driver’s license.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of tree biology or a desire to understand and learn more.
Demonstrates relevant experience and provide references of previous tree climbing jobs.
Able to pass a company administered basic driving test.
Demonstrates sound tree risk assessment knowledge
Demonstrates equipment inspection skills
Demonstrates proper application of approved knots
Willing and able to work in all outdoor weather conditions all year round.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings