ISA Seeks Qualified Nominees for the ISA Board of Directors and Nominating and Elections Committee
The purpose of this notice is to solicit nominations from ISA members to fill three director positions and two positions on the Nominations & Elections Committee (NEC) that will become open in August 2022. ISA members can nominate ANY current ISA member (including themselves) in good standing.
ISA’s Board of Directors (“the Board”) consists of the president, the president-elect, and thirteen directors. Three directors are elected by the Council of Representatives (CoR) and ten are elected directly by ISA members.
The terms of six current directors will end in August 2022. Of those six, three current directors (Tom Smiley, Christopher Boza, and Janine Lester) are eligible to run for reelection to another term. The two terms ending for positions on NEC committee are Jessica Sanders and Paul Ries.
Any ISA member in good standing is eligible for nomination. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else as a candidate for the Board, please send the name(s) to Keisha Delaney at ISA. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for a board position or the NEC.
Ballots for the member election require at least two qualified candidates for each open director position, which means at least twelve qualified candidates are needed for the upcoming elections.
The NEC will review all nominees and develop a ballot of qualified nominees for the member election. Having a wide range of nominees from a variety of ISA components and sectors of the industry (commercial / residential, education, municipal, research, and utility) helps the NEC develop the best ballots. The NEC uses the following criteria to evaluate nominees’ qualifications:
- ISA member in good standing
- Past contributions and service to ISA and ISA components
- Past contributions and service to other professional organizations in arboriculture and related fields
- Past service in committee and leadership roles both within and outside of ISA
- Professional work experience in arboriculture and related fields including research activities
- Professional education and training in arboriculture and related fields
- Achievement of Board diversity, including field(s) of expertise and geography
- Any other relevant considerations
The closing date for Keisha Delaney to receive these nominations is 4:30 pm Eastern Time on 9 January 2021.
Please consider nominating someone (including yourself); ISA is a great organization thanks to your participation in the vital process of nominating and electing qualified candidates to the Board. Thanks very much for your help.
Jessica Sanders, PhD, PMP
Chair, ISA Nominating and Elections Committee