The Annual ISA International Conference and Trade Show offers students a great opportunity to network with industry professionals, learn about new topics and technology, and meet fellow arboriculture students from around the world.
How to apply
AREA Student Travel Grant
The application period is now closed. Please check back for further updates.
The Arboriculture Research and Education Academy (AREA) is offering competitive travel grants for students interested in attending and presenting at the 2020 International Society of Arboriculture Conference in Albuquerque, NM 15-17 December.
To help offset travel/hotel costs for students interested in presenting their research, AREA awards five grants to the top applicants. Grant recipients from North America will receive $750 (USD) Grant recipients from outside North America will receive $1,000 USD (up to two non-North American grants are available).
Recipients also receive complimentary conference registration and a complimentary ticket to the AREA Meeting and Social event.
1) Student Travel Grant winners are required to give a 10-minute presentation in front of an audience of academics, researchers, and other conference attendees during the AREA sessions.
2) A letter of support from a teacher/professor must be submitted prior to the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Grantees must submit a short write-up (200-300 words) describing/highlighting their experience at ISA 2020 for the AREA Newsletter.
4) The abstract submitted in this application will be the basis for your presentation. It needs to be relevant to AREA sessions which focus on the technical/scientific aspects of arboriculture and urban forestry.
5) Preference will be given to talks which will include data analysis.
ISA Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador program is no longer available. However, we will be announcing new student programs and events in the coming months. Watch our website and Facebook page for announcements.