Location: Three Rivers, MI
American Arbor LLC is an arboricultural leader that is passionate about elevating the industry through innovation, education and scientific studies. We have been family owned since the early 1990’s and second generation ownership starting in 2015. Since then, we have seen approximately 35% annual growth and made major contributions in improving the industry for both customers and professionals. We are excited to say we started the EOS process in January 2022.
At American Arbor LLC, we have a strong company culture that we are very proud of. We seek to hire individuals who possess and align with our core values, which include:
- Helps first
The Sales Arborist will play a key role in helping us continue to grow our business by developing and maintaining long term customer relationships. They will be responsible for visiting client properties, assessing their tree care needs, and providing scientific tree care recommendations.
Here’s what you’ll get…
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Base pay of $18-30.50 per hour depending on experience, certifications, and qualifications. During our busy season, we have more inbound leads than we can meet with so the opportunity here is huge.
- Additional pay for degrees in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science or Certifications such as Certified Arborist, Oak Wilt Qualified, etc.
- Full-time, year-round position
- Holiday, sick and vacation paid time off
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Aflac accident insurance
- Salary increases
- Educational opportunities
- Stable, fast-growing company
- Positive work environment
- Team building events such as fun seasonal activities and team lunches
- Paid entry, travel, and lodging to education events
WORK ENVIRONMENT & TRAVEL
- Your office is outdoors, and you get new scenery every day!
- Your office time will be spent in our office in Three Rivers, MI
- Periodic travel to attend conferences, trade shows, and team building events at company expense
- Responsible for all areas of sales, including selling, following-up, customer service and other non-selling tasks including, but not limited to, administration, production, and training.
- Supervises work to be performed, ensuring jobs are completed per the signed contract and to the client's satisfaction.
- Contributes to local office marketing efforts by providing ideas, feedback, and consistent oversight.
- Responsible for other jobs and duties as assigned by the management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the tree care industry and 2 years of sales experience is preferred.
- Workday starts with a morning meeting with the Production Manager at 7 am in the Three Rivers office.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and excited about overcoming challenges! This rewarding career requires a sharp and professional mindset.
- Ability to identify plants, diagnose problems and recommend corrective action or proactive management plans.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Great communication skills.
- ISA Arborist Certification, Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science, or a related field is preferred but not required to start. You will be expected to work towards ISA Arborist Certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, email, and ability to learn company sales software.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Per Michigan state law, employment with American Arbor LLC is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or American Arbor LLC at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
American Arbor LLC is an equal opportunity employer and proudly hiring Veterans.
We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our customers and the industry. If you align with our core values and have a growth mindset, you are probably a great fit for our team! Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your application for the Sales Arborist position.
Back to Job Listings