Location: Eastsound, WA
Take the next step in your arboriculture career with a dynamic and growing company in the San Juan Islands! Rain Shadow Consulting is looking for hard-working and well-rounded crew members to join our professional and safety-conscious team.
ABOUT RAIN SHADOW CONSULTING
Based on Orcas Island, Washington, Rain Shadow Consulting has been providing professional and high-quality tree care, forestry, consulting, and habitat restoration services in San Juan County since 2005. We work with a diverse range of clients from individual homeowners to our regional utility company to non-profit organizations managing large preserves for conservation and rare species restoration.
- Tree care/arboriculture experience, including chainsaw work, rigging, landscaping, and operation of chippers, stump grinders, and/or other equipment
- Previous tree service work, timber felling, utility tree trimming, climbing, and/or aerial lift operation experience highly valued!
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving/backing trailers
- CDL class A or B strongly desired, or willingness to attend company-sponsored training
- Must enjoy working outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, safety consciousness, environmental ethic, ability to be a team player, communication skills (verbal and digital), and the desire and ability to learn new skills are most important!
- The job may demand long hours and trips to outer islands. Our crews work a 4+ day work week and are based on Orcas Island and San Juan Island
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $26-38/hour DOE
- Paid vacation, health/dental insurance, sick leave, paid training, and paid travel
- Opportunities to attend company-sponsored training and pursue ISA Certified Arborist and/or other certifications
- Temporary housing available on Orcas Island
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Rain Shadow’s core values include safety and professionalism, teamwork, honesty and integrity, and care for the environment and our community. Rain Shadow is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Back to Job Listings