Tree Care Division Superintendent
Location: Montgomery and Prince Georges County, Maryland
Salary: $55K to $70k based upon experience
Empire Landscape is seeking to hire or promote a qualified individual within our environmental restoration company. This employee will be in-charge of at minimum 2 of the 4 Tree Care crews, attending contractual meetings, on-site inspections and responsible for timely communication and strict safety guidelines.
Empire is a rapidly expanding environmental restoration company that provides opportunities for our team to learn, grow and profit. With new and innovative ideas and techniques continually evolving in the environmental restoration field, Empire is at the forefront of these fields. As a key employee at Empire Landscape, you will lead this growth while working with a company that offers a work/life balance and career development.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Minimum of 5 years working in the tree care/arboriculture field with at least 2 years managing crews of 3 or more. A general knowledge of construction, trucking and equipment logistics as well as environmental restoration construction is desired.
- Ability to identify all native species of trees and a variety of landscape/specimen trees that are not native to this region.
- Comprehensive knowledge of topographical plans sets and be able to locate trees for clearing, tree removal on street plans and accurately measure area for clearing and grubbing projects.
- Ability to motivate crews, while maintaining the highest degree of safety standards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral communication skills delivered in a calm, professional and tactful manner.
- Ability to coordinate materials, equipment and trucking with the other Tree Care superintendent as well as the Fleet Manager and the Tree Care Division Manager.
- Ability to analyze situations, consider options, and decide on actions in a timely/safe fashion.
- Ability to be proactive rather than reactive: Must make safety the #1 priority.
- Must have a current MD Tree Expert license or ISA license and heavy equipment operation.
- Must be at minimum OSHA 10 certified.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google sheets.
- Manage crew needs: Ensure quality maintenance of chainsaws, arborist gear and equipment.
- Assist crews on-site with difficult trees: as demonstration or planning safe strategy.
- Trucking and Material/Equipment coordination: haul to dump site or save for mill.
- Personnel Development: climbers and foremen.
- Tracking sheet creation/updating, quantity verification.
- Tree Tables: creation and oversight for accuracy.
- Schedule confirmation: Planning with General Contractors, Site Inspectors.
- Coordinate meetings with inspectors and GCs.
- Site visit prior to work and follow up during job to ensure quality and safety on all jobs.
- All other duties to be determined on an as needed basis.
Cooperate and work closely with employees reporting to this position and maintain positive morale and quality work-performance. Lead by example to maintain ethical sensitivities and personal integrity with all employees. Report directly to Tree Care Division Manager.
Back to Job Listings