Location: Fort Collins, CO
Poudre Valley Rural Electric Association is seeking a Tree Trimmer who wants an exciting work atmosphere and to be a part of a team dedicated to safe, reliable, energy efficient solutions with exceptional service.
This position will work under the general direction of the Tree Trimmer Foreman and will be a part of a crew focused on maintaining the rights-of-way through vegetation management and tree trimming services in conformity with approved techniques and safety standards near power lines. This position will also assist in all areas including construction, maintenance, paperwork, and scheduling.
- Perform line clearance duties including pruning, removing, and cutting trees and brush near energized power lines from an aerial device or belt and hooks at various heights up to 100 feet
- Work with tree trimming equipment including but not limited to bucket truck, power saws, chain saws, hand saws, chippers, axe wedges, hand tools, sprayers, loaders, skid steers, aerial devices, dump trucks, etc.
- Communicate with members concerning tree hazards, tree trimming, tree removal and Association policies and programs related to tree trimming.
- Support field restoration efforts during outage events including but not limited to problem identification, groundwork, and communication with office.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; ISA Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience as journeyman tree trimmer required; minimum of two years’ experience as an aerial bucket operator required; minimum of two years’ experience working around energized lines required; experience with ropes and saddle rope work over energized circuits required; experience with power saws, chippers, and other tree trimming equipment required.
Complete job description and compensation information available at www.pvrea.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
7649 REA Parkway
Fort Collins, Colorado 80538
Back to Job Listings