Forestry, Fire & Resource Management Pre-Inspector
Location: Yuma, AZ
Location: YUMA, AZ, US, 85365-7696
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
The Forestry Pre-Inspector provides support to APS Forestry, Fire, and Resource Management crews and planners so that the division's vegetation management program complies with the department's goals and objectives. Make notifications for all line-clearance activities to affected landowners including private, federal, state, and local municipalities. Compile work assignments for crews and schedule work to accommodate customer's needs. As required, distribute copies of APS's customer-relations brochures while making contacts with customers. Operate in conformance with APS accident prevention manual and the APS Vegetation Management Manual. Work with APS Job Designers to accomplish necessary tree work involving construction work-orders. Environmental factors: Subject to work hours outside of the normal work schedule and outdoors during inclement weather situations. Periodically prone to dangers inherent to work sites including exposure to sharp, high-speed rotating equipment, electrical fields, falling and flying debris, difficult terrain, pesticides, and animal, insect, and snake bites. Involves driving throughout service territory and frequent overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related science field plus one (1) year of experience in field arboriculture, forestry, or vegetation management, OR an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist with at least two (2) years of field arboriculture, forestry, or vegetation management, OR five (5) years of combined education and experience in related arboriculture, forestry, or vegetation management experience.
- Possess and maintain ISA Arborist certification within one year of employment
- Possess and maintain AZ PMD within 6 months of employment
- Possess and maintain Utility Specialist certifications within two years of employment
Preferred special skills, knowledge or qualifications: Utility arboriculture or design experience. Computer experience using windows-based programs including CIS, MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Negotiating skills and an aptitude for customer service relations and interpersonal communications. Ability to visualize end results of tasks. Ability to apply established policy and practices of the occupation to the resolution of work problems and to identify exceptional cases for referral.
1) Under general supervision and ongoing review, provide support to overall directives and performance expectations of the department.
2) Contact affected landowners in assigned area to conform to the overall work plan developed by Section Leader.
3) Investigate internal and external requests for tree work.
4) Review maps and easement documents to determine easement rights and delineate property boundaries.
5) Participate in training and public education programs by preparing and/or presenting information.
6) Maintain up to date knowledge of technology and regulations through professional reading, attendance at seminars and participation in professional organizations.
7) Compile work assignments for crews and schedule work to accommodate customer's needs.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position requires work to be performed in the field and/or at the work site, due to the nature of work.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Nuclear, Energy
Apply now »
Back to Job Listings