Location: Elmsford, NY
While The F.A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company has been providing scientific tree care for over 100 years, Bartlett Consulting as a stand-alone division has only existed since 2018. There are three teams that focus on offering consulting services directly to their own clients: the Bartlett Consultancy in the U.K., the HortScience | Bartlett Consulting team in California and the Urban Forestry Services | Bartlett Consulting team in Washington state. Bartlett’s tree care divisions also employ a team of Regional Consulting Arborists focused on serving the consulting needs of Bartlett clients throughout the Company footprint.
The Consulting Advisors are a small support team within the Bartlett Consulting division who work together to build consulting infrastructure and increase professionalism through high quality consulting projects. This internal support position can be varied based on project and location specifics, but generally involves engagement, training, and support.
- Train and support a team of Consulting Arborists who perform professional, high-quality consulting services;
- Train and support a team of Arborists Representatives who can solve their client’s problems by proposing on and managing consulting projects;
- Engage with Bartlett Arborists to facilitate a company-wide understanding of Bartlett consulting services;
- Create value for Bartlett and the entire tree care industry by conveying the value of consulting services to a variety of audiences;
- Spark creative ideas by connecting a diverse team of experts and collaborating on a variety of projects and assignments.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
The Consulting Advisor’s primary responsibility is to support the sales and delivery of various consulting services throughout the Bartlett company footprint. This position will focus on the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic regions and will be located somewhere between Boston to New York City. Key focuses include mentoring Arborist Representatives on how to propose and deliver various consulting services, as well as providing project-specific support and mentoring to the Consulting Arborists actually completing the work. This person will work directly with the Vice President - Consulting and the Consulting Advisor team to ensure quality standards are met on all projects/initiatives. This role will interface with other Consulting team members and local Arborist Representatives frequently to provide insight and coaching on consulting best practices and guiding principles, sales support, and various technical issues, both in-person and remotely.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Past experience in the green industry preferred, ideally including consulting and sales or sales support functions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and basic understanding of technical sales processes;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail/proofreading ability;
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills;
- Familiarity with tree inventory applications, GIS and/or CAD is desired;
- Bachelor’s degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Geography, or another related field preferred;
- Experience creating professional responses to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs is a plus but not required.
This full-time support position will join three Consulting Advisors (Maryellen Bell – Austin, TX; Andrew Mink – Philadelphia, PA; and Mitch Haynes – Chicago, IL) and will report directly to the Managing Consulting Advisor (Jordan Endahl – Vancouver, WA) and the Vice President - Consulting (Nick Martin – Chicago, IL). Due to the wide geographic spread of the team, we have always traveled frequently to interface with team members and other Bartlett arborists. Travel is still somewhat restricted now, but we expect this position to travel frequently in the future. This position will focus on the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic regions and will be located somewhere between Boston and New York City.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Click here to apply!
Elmsford, New York
Back to Job Listings