PHC Technician (Arborist)
Location: Madison, WI
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00/ hr
Innovative Tree Care Specialists will be expanding and hiring for the 2022 treatment season! We are looking for a skilled PHC Technician (seasonal) and/or PHC Intern (seasonal) to add to our team. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply, but desire to learn and expand your skills is a must! Innovative Tree Care has been in business since 2017, and we have rapidly grown over the past several years. We provide a full-spectrum of tree and shrub treatments, consulting, and subcontracting services to the Madison and greater area. Utilizing the newest technologies and products, we have built on company on providing scientifically-proven treatments, that have high success rates. Our customers are family to us, and we manage their trees as if they were our own. Our equipment shop is based out of lovely Cambridge, WI and is just about 15 miles from the east side of Madison. Please review the below job descriptions, and submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for either of these exciting positions. We look forward to meeting you soon!
- Independently conduct or assist arborist in PHC operations (primary) – tree spraying, tree fertilization/biostimulant treatments, insect/disease treatment, trunk injection/root flare infusion (micro-injection/infusion.; high and low volume macro-infusion), Air/spade work (stem girdling root investigations, soil compaction mitigation, chlorosis management); application of growth regulators
- Assist in tree plantings
- Occasional pruning and/or removal work (off-season)
PHC Technician (experienced/seasonal): ($18.00-$22.00/hr)
- 2 or 4 year degree in Urban forestry, natural resources, plant pathology, or related field
- Proficiency with/in: mixing and loading pesticides; tree injection/infusion equipment and processes; Air/spade utilization; using a hydraulic sprayer to spray and fertilize trees
- Certified arborist, or willingness to obtain (preferred)
- Experience working on a tree crew - climbing experience a major plus!
This seasonal position is expected to extend from late March/April – Oct./Nov. 2022. 40+ hours/week with overtime potential. For the right candidate, this position would have an annual renewal and future growth opportunities within the company. Ideally, we are looking to train in someone that will be a core member of our operations going forward.
PHC Intern (seasonal): ($13.00-15.00/hr)
- Enrollment in a 2 or 4 year Urban Forestry program, or recent graduate
- Love of the outdoors and passion for the field of arboriculture
- Desire to learn, gain professional experience, and expand skills
- Ability to follow directions, keep on task, and ask questions if needed
- Attention to detail, and ability to keep accurate pesticide application records
- Valid driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain WI commercial pesticide applicator’s certification (Turf and Landscape 3.0) before date of hire, or shortly thereafter
This paid intern position will be flexible, but desired commitment would be from May – Sept/Oct. We are looking for someone that can commit to 10-15 hours/week (1-2 days). More hours may be available for the right person.
Both the PHC Technician and PHC Intern will enjoy benefits with our company. While we do not currently offer a comprehensive benefits package, we do have other benefits including:
- Reimbursement of fees for Certified Arborist testing
- Professional conference (WAA) and continued education opportunities
- All PPE provided; other equipment allowances for climbing gear may be available for the right person
- Competitive industry compensation, with overtime potential
- $1,000.00 bonus upon completion of the treatment season (PHC tech only)
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: www.innovativetreecarespecialists.com
Innovative Tree Care Specialists, LLC
1124 Stewart St.
Madison, WI 53713
Back to Job Listings