Location: Chester, SC
American Forest Management, Inc. is one of the largest forestry consulting firms in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately-owned timberland throughout the US, with offices throughout the Northeast, Southeast, Lake States, Pacific Northwest, and Gulf Regions. AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
Timber Sales and Appraisals - All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
- Systematic sampling of merchantable and pre merchantable timberland using both fixed radius plots and prism sampling methods.
- 100% tree count of merchantable timber.
- Identify, locate and mark property lines.
- Identify and mark streamside management zones (SMZs).
- Identification of commercial tree species (winter and summer).
- Design and implementation of timber harvesting plan for clear cut, select cut and thinning sales.
- Prepare timber sale maps and review computer-generated digitized maps.
- Prepare timber sale bid notice and review timber sale contracts.
- Perform timber harvesting inspections to ensure compliance with contract.
- Collect timber and land sale data for appraisal purposes.
- Organize and audit timber sale settlements.
Timberland Management - All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
- Inspection of clients’ tracts.
- Proposal and implementation of timberland management activities specific to individual sites and client goals including site preparation techniques (mechanical & chemical), prescribed burning, chemical release spray, herbaceous weed control, reforestation activities, seedling survival check, timber stand improvement activities (commercial & precommercial thinning, fertilization, chemical release, etc.).
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
- Supervision of contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Meeting with landowner/client to review management activities, answer questions and make proposals regarding their timberland.
- Patrol property boundaries and points of access.
- Assist with management plan preparation.
- Ability to generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform existing work.
- Familiarity with computer-generated spreadsheets and word processing.
- Preparation of weekly timesheet showing all time worked by project, bill method and task.
- Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
- Contact adjoining landowners to client's landholding.
- Check leases for possible violations.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Exempt salary position paid semi-monthly
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation schedule
- Healthcare and disability plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Ongoing professional development training
- Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
To Apply, Please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/115A
Back to Job Listings