Location: Lufkin, TX
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 6 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $2 billion in real estate transactions. With 280 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
Full-time position - minimum 45 hours per week required, paid vacation schedule, health care and disability plan, 9 paid holidays, vehicle provided, some out of town and overnight work required (expenses paid), participation in 401 (k) plan (after reaching 21 years of age and 6 months of employment).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
Responsible for administering hunting leases and providing wildlife management services to American Forest Management clients including hunting clubs on approximately 600,000 acres in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. The position requires knowledge of wildlife management and the impact of forest management on wildlife habitat.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners, hunters, public and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Knowledge of whitetail deer management, harvest recommendations, tooth wear and replacement aging and harvest record management.
- Experience in development of comprehensive wildlife management plans for private landowners
- Knowledge in wild turkey management and habitat management techniques.
- Knowledge of wildlife ecology, prescribed fire, and grassland, wetland, and early succession habitat management.
- Ability to convey the use of various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
- Knowledge of the basic life history, ecology and management needs of wildlife species and their habitats indigenous to the ecological region with particular emphasis relating to private lands.
- Knowledge of or practical experience with forest management activities and their impact on wildlife habitat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and/or other mapping programs.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Supervision of contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Meeting with landowner/client to review management activities, answer questions and make proposals regarding their timberland and/or wildlife.
- Patrol property boundaries and points of access.
Minimum Requirements: Graduation and degree from an accredited school with a Bachelor's Degree in Forestry/Wildlife Management and 2-4 years of wildlife management experience. Must have the ability to become a Certified Wildlife Biologist with The Wildlife Society with in 5 years of hire.
- Ability to generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
- Ability to perform existing work efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to identify important wildlife plants.
- Skill in plant identification.
- Familiarity with computer-generated spreadsheets and word processing.
- Preparation of weekly timesheet showing all time worked by project, bill method and task.
- Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
- Contact adjoining landowners to client's landholding.
- Experience in Texas Parks and Wildlife Managed Land Deer Permit Program.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 9 Paid holidays
- Paid vacation schedule
- Healthcare and disability plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Ongoing professional development training
- Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
To Apply, Please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/ZHQ
Back to Job Listings