Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $67,600.00 - $101,478.00 Annually
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhance the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Senior Superintendent to join its Greenspace Management Urban Forestry team. The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
- Manages and oversees operational and technical activities in the maintenance, protection and planting of public trees.
- Works with Division Managers to establishes goals and objectives for the division.
- Represents the department at meetings, external organizations and agencies.
- Manages, hires ,trains and evaluate performance of personnel.
- Assists in the preparation of Urban Forestry operating budgets for equipment, supplies and multi-year tree maintenance contract expenditures.
- Interact with general public, contractors and city agencies to provide expertise, information and assistance for matters concerning trees.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, evaluates efficiency and productivity of operations and services; develops plans to resolve problems and manage completion of projects
- Uses GIS-based asset management system to schedule and monitor work for contractor and in-house crews.
- Serves as building/facility manager.
- Coordinates and oversees various Urban Forestry projects and provides timelines for completion.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/houston/jobs/3002852/senior-superintendent-gs
Back to Job Listings