Consulting Utility Forester
Location: Ridgeway, CO
Salary: $18 to 22 an hour
Please apply at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ACRT_Careers/job/Ridgway-CO/Consulting-Utility-Forester_R3824
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Consulting Utility Forester position is perfect for newly experienced foresters and seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers; Create detailed plans for hazard tree mitigation along utility ROWs; and help the utility with special vegetation management projects throughout the system.
Compensation: $18 to 22 an hour
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- 2 year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science or closely related field OR in lieu of a degree, 2 years of experience in Utility Vegetation Management or other related field (Ex. general Right-of-Way management, Integrated Vegetation Management, nursery work or timber cutting, etc.)
- Minimum 1 year of vegetation management experience
- Must hold an ISA arborist certification or at minimum, application accepted by ISA and awaiting test date
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skill
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skill
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Group life insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
- Boot allowance program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings