Associate Project Manager
Location: Jamaica Plain, MA
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of projects of varying size and complexity at the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University. The Associate Project Manager works across multiple departments, assisting team members in all stages of ongoing projects related to public engagement, education, research, communications, and infrastructure. The Associate Project Manager monitors and documents project progress and provide timely communication of its status to team members. Additionally, the Associate Project Manager captures and analyzes all relevant management information while identifying and communicating risks and opportunities. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the strategy, goals, and objectives of the project are clearly stated and that all project deliverables are aligned with these goals and objectives. The candidate will be required to work collaboratively with a wide spectrum of staff including construction contractors, service vendors, municipal, regulatory teams, and third-party consultants and their sub-consultants.
The Associate Project Manager works closely with the Director of Operations and Project Management and the Director of the Arnold Arboretum, anticipating and resolving problems while providing frequent status updates. A successful candidate demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a work environment of multiple and conflicting priorities, often under tight deadlines, while maintaining a “can do” work ethic. The incumbent cooperates and communicates effectively with a range of collaborators and stakeholders to further the mission and values of the Arnold Arboretum.
- Coordinates and has direct responsibility for multiple projects across several departments. Coordinates and collaborates with interdepartmental stakeholders and external stakeholders to plan and execute projects.
- Maintains and monitors project contracts, procurement, plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, and ensures that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Organizes and participates in meetings with project teams and other stakeholders and where appropriate distributes minutes to all project team members.
- Plans and executes project-related meetings. Prepares necessary presentation materials for meetings. Documents and follows up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Ensures project deadlines are met and documentation is maintained and archived appropriately for each project.
- Assesses project risks and issues and recommends solutions where applicable.
- Keeps current on trends, compliance issues, regulations, and guidelines and advises appropriate community members accordingly. Ensures that project-related safety and regulatory compliance is met by Arboretum staff and contractors.
- Gathers and maintains data for and assists in preparing reports, often using a variety of computer software.
- Provides administrative support and performs other project tasks as needed.
- May oversee work of contractors, support staff, students, and temporary employees; trains, schedules and distribute work to students, temporary employees, and non-overtime-eligible employees.
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Influencing people who are not direct reports.
- Please note that this position is 40 hours per week with one unpaid meal hour each day.
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications to be considered for this role:
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of education and relevant project management experience.
Link to apply: https://jobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25240&siteid=5341&Areq=54596BR
Back to Job Listings