Location: Delta, British Columbia
Consulting Arborist (Vancouver, BC)
||Davey Resource Group
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree is the leading full-service tree care provider for residential, commercial, utility line clearing and forestry consulting throughout Canada. All crews are professionally trained to ensure the scope of our work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines.
Davey Resource Group (DRG), the consulting division of the Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited, provides a comprehensive range of natural resource and utility consulting services to the commercial, residential, municipal, and governmental markets. In Canada, our expertise and services encompass arboriculture and forestry, right-of-way vegetation management, ecology and wildlife, and asset management.
Position Overview – Consulting Arborist
As a Consulting Arborist you will be called upon to provide your knowledge and experience to provide in-depth consulting services across several different client groups from individual homeowners to Architects, Builders/Construction companies, larger utility clients, and municipalities. The ability to communicate clearly through face to face interactions, report writing and, detailed assessments will be vital towards the success of the incumbent and Davey Resource Group.
- Travel to various locations within a specified region providing consulting services.
- Complete Arborist Reports for Development that will meet City requirements
- Develop detailed Tree Management Plans
- Create detailed Tree Risk Assessments Reports for clients
- Conduct or assist with Tree Inventories
- Supervising construction activities within the root zones of trees
- Some manual excavation and root pruning related to construction activities
- Minimum 5 years Industry experience.
- Certified Arborist
- TRAQ Certification
- Strong Tree Identification skills is essential
- Knowledge of the construction industry is an asset
- Valid provincial driver’s license.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and also possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Experience with MS Office is necessary. Experience with Bluebeam is an asset.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package, RRSP and careers advancement opportunities.
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
Back to Job Listings