Qualified Line Clearance Arborist
Location: San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Napa, Marin, Clearlake, Santa Rosa, Mendocino, Humboldt, Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville, Placerville, Sacramento, Diamond Springs, Grass Valley, Jackson, Angels Camp, Stockton, Sonora, Mariposa, Oakhurst, Coarsegold, Fresno.
Atlas Field Services (AFS) is currently seekingQualified Line Clearance Arborists to join our team as a full-time employee. This position will directly contribute to providing a more reliable power delivery system while proactively participating in vegetation management for wildfire prevention. This role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the vegetation management/forestry industry, or for seasoned vegetation managers looking to contribute within a team environment.
We are looking to fill this role in the following areas: San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Napa, Marin, Clearlake, Santa Rosa, Mendocino, Humboldt, Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville, Placerville, Sacramento, Diamond Springs, Grass Valley, Jackson, Angels Camp, Stockton, Sonora, Mariposa, Oakhurst, Coarsegold, Fresno.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform safety observations on utility vegetation management tree contractor
• Utilize client required operating system for data collection, reporting, and tracking.
• Attendance and precipitation in Atlas Management and Client required safety meetings
• Communicate daily with the client, contractors, landowners, and Atlas management
• Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations
• Assist in storm and other emergency situations
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• ISA Certification is preferred
• BS or AS degree in Forestry or Occupational health and safety is preferred
• 5 years’ experience in Utility Line Clearance Arboriculture is required.
• Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail.
• Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
• Must have basic computer skills and a smart phone
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver's License
• Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP) is a plus
• Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus
• Current First-aid and CPR certification required
• OSHA 30 preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to talk or hear (e.g. relaying to employees, phone calls).
• Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk long distances, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions (e.g. traveling to customer sites).
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles (e.g. in warehouse, at customer sites).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
• Must pass a post-offer background and drug screening.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
AFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Industry competitive compensation
• Vehicle or Vehicle allowance
• Meal allowance
• Smart phone allowance
• Health, Dental & Vision
• Life Insurance
• $1,500 relocation incentive for candidates that meet the requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this position is undergoing ongoing recruitment and therefore does not have a set closing date. Our talent acquisition team will review all resumes and will be in touch with you if you are a match to the role and if we have openings under the position at the time of your submission. Otherwise, your resume will be kept on file for further consideration contingent on recruitment needs for this role.
Atlas Field Services
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings