UTILITY FORESTER - Washington DC, Delaware and Southern New Jersey Region
Location: Washington DC, Delaware and Southern New Jersey Region
As an independent utility vegetation management consulting contractor, Atlas Field Services, LLC has supported our client's vegetation management programs since 2016. Our company consists of ISA Certified Arborists and Utility Specialists that support our client’s Utility Vegetation Managements Programs. If you are an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently this is the position for you. ISA Certified Arborist designation is required or the ability to become an ISA Certified Arborist within 12 months of your hire date.
● Perform vegetation assessments on utility ROW’s
● Check trees for hazard or danger potential
● Utilize client required data collection systems to preform field assessments
● Document information for utility's vegetation management program
● Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations ● Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● ISA Certified Arborist Designation Preferred
● Must have solid tree identification skills and the ability to read maps
● Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or a related field preferred
● Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
● Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
● Must be good with technology and have basic computer and smart phone skills
● Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture or Horticulture
● Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with the public; ability to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, smart phone, tablet, range finder, fire rakes, water backpack, shovel and traffic cones.
Safety is a top priority at Atlas Field Services. Successful candidates will be committed to their personal safety and of others. The role will require to have a general understanding and the ability to identify safety hazards and report any unsafe working conditions. The position requires to be an active participant in safety briefings and to deliver industry specific safety messages to a broad audience when called upon.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Listings