Tree Service Ground Crew
Location: Twin Cities, MN
We’re currently hiring for Entry-Level Ground Crew. We’re looking for dependable, motivated people with a strong work ethic. If you are a positive person who can work well in a team environment, we have a great opportunity for you. Previous experience is preferred, but we will train candidates with great attitude and drive. Work is performed outdoors in all types of weather. We offer the opportunity to learn and advance throughout your career.
Job duties for the Ground Crew position include brush dragging, operating a chainsaw, chipping brush, and pesticide application.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all safety standards.
- Demonstrate high safety standards, sound tree risk assessment skills, equipment inspection skills, proper application of approved knots, and proper rigging skills.
- Beginning of day duties: Load truck with equipment and materials based on daily jobs. Verify equipment is in working order.
- Follow instructions from crew leader on all aspects of job.
- Perform end of day duties: recording hours worked, completing job site reports, unload/load equipment & material, re-fuel trucks and equipment, and clean out truck.
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 75 pounds to shoulder height.
- Authorized to Work in the US.
- Willing to be coached and to coach others.
- Being safety conscious: Must follow all safety standards and procedures.
Job Posting: Tree Service Entry-Level Ground Crew (continued)
- Previous experience in landscaping or lawn care a plus.
- Previous experience in farming, military, or national guard a plus.
- Pesticide applicator license a plus.
- Prior experience with a chainsaw, pole pruner, hedge trimmer, bucket/boom truck, skid steer, bobcat, aerial life, stump grinder, sprayer, pesticides herbicides and insecticides a plus.
- CDL-A, or the ability to obtain a CDL withing the first three months of hire a plus.
- ISA Certified Arborist a plus.
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science, or related field preferred but not required.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation/time off
- Company-paid uniforms, PPE gear, and equipment
- Paid training and certifications for ISA
- Full-time, year-round hours
Back to Job Listings