Forest and Vegetation Field Technician
Location: North Vancouver or Squamish, BC
Chartwell Consultants Ltd. is a consulting firm specializing in services and solutions for the resource sector. With closely integrated Forestry and GIS departments, Chartwell has a close-knit team, a diverse client base and a reputation for outstanding quality and service. Our Head Office is located in North Vancouver, with additional offices in Chilliwack, Gibsons and Squamish.
Chartwell Consultants Ltd. is looking for outstanding individuals to join our team of Forest Professionals. Our mission is to provide the highest calibre of service to meet the needs of our clients, and we are only as good as the people on our team. We are looking for a FOREST AND VEGETATION FIELD TECHNICIAN who is motivated, positive and dependable. The position will be based out of our North Vancouver and/or Squamish office.
What We Offer:
- A diverse range of work with a multitude of clients
- A fun yet professional and safety-oriented work environment
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive benefits package along with a bonus program and yearly equipment allowance
- Detailed on-the-job training and mentorship programs
- Opportunities to grow and build your career in an environment that recognises talent
Applicants should expect primarily field-based duties and will be involved in Coastal and Interior vegetation maintenance activities. Successful candidates will join our team of ABCFP / APEG accredited and Arborist staff. Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Utility Right Of Way Vegetation Layout, Patrolling, and Inspections
- Vegetation clearing package preparation
- Data collection using ArcGIS Field Maps
- Clearly communicating with landowners and contractors
- Minimum one-year field experience
- Registered or eligible for registration with the ABCFP as a RFT, TFT or FIT, or Certified Arborist would be an asset
- Experience with ArcGIS Collector or Field Maps would be an asset
- Travel within the Province is a requirement (up to 10 days at a time)
If you are interested in working with us, please forward your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Job Listings