Sales - Arborist
Location: Frisco, Texas
Salary: $50,000 to $85,000.00 including commission
Do you enjoy wearing jeans, hiking boots and casual shirts? Do you have Horticultural / Tree / Garden Center / Arborist / Master Gardner experience? Do you like the being in an outdoor environment, surrounded by shade trees and sunlight? Are you ready be professionally trained in a new career or expand your current abilities? Do you want job security with the opportunity to make 75k a year or more? Fannin Tree Farm is now accepting applications in our retail sales division selling specimen trees to clients in the DFW area. All retail sales representatives at Fannin Tree Farm sale trees and services directly to clients. Must have great personal skills, enjoys working outside in all weather conditions, be organized, have an interest in trees and learning about trees.
All sales representatives at Fannin Tree Farm sale trees and services directly to clients. All of our retail sales representatives are responsible for managing the client experience. This involves accuracy in estimating, planning, communicating with clients and staff.
- Assist customers in finding and purchasing trees for their home or business. To encourage customers to purchase products.
- Able to explain the product options available to customers and make appropriate recommendations.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by creating estimates, reviewing scope of work and actively pursuing the customer’s commitment to schedule work and making a payment for the services to be scheduled.
- Conduct outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers via telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and to sell products and services.
- Go out to client sites, evaluate the tree needs of customers create a scope of work to provide the needed trees.
- Up sale tree service packages, fertilization and other tree care services to customers.
- Utilize sales process tools, software and other technologies to streamline the sales process for customers.
- Self-generate tree sale leads by reviewing neighboring properties for job opportunities and sourcing other commercial accounts.
- Communicate and manage your jobs with the on-site crews performing the work for accuracy, clean up, safety and quality assurance, as needed, based on the job.
- Communicate any scope of work changes to the customer.
- Communicate with sales admin and dispatcher about estimates, follow-up, scheduling, payments and sold jobs.
- Up to 30% travel by truck. Company will provide a company truck during work hours to check out for client calls.
- Attend industry meeting, home & garden shows & other marketing opportunities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tree / Horticulture / Garden Center / Arborist / Arborist Representative Master Gardner Experience.
- Computer Skills – email (Outlook), word & excel
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
- Quality Control Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- High Energy Level
- Hands on knowledge of tree’s, insects and diseases a plus
- Clean Driving Record
- Strong Sense of Safety
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. numerous times per shift, talking, hearing, and seeing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Spends 50% of the time indoors and 50% of time outdoors in possible temperature extremes, noisy environment, vibrations of body or extremities, risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes or odors that affect respiration and skin.
Hours: Monday to Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm; Two days off a week.
Pay & Commission: Base pay based on experience and certifications; plus between 4% and 7% commission based on volume of sales on completed and paid sales.
Company Provided Equipment: cell phone, laptop computer, vehicle to use during working hours
Company Benefits: Fannin Tree Farm provides Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance along with Supplemental insurance, discounts on personal cell phone plans, vacation, sick time and holiday pay.
Please send resume, cover letter stating why you think you are a good candidate for this position and salary requirements. NO CALLS PLEASE!!!
Back to Job Listings