Location: Hayden, ID
Salary: $25-$35/hour d.o.e.
Are you a professional tree climber looking for a change? We are looking to hire a tree climber to start in April or May of 2021. Learn more about the position and the area below.
Craft Tree Care is a small business with a vision to excel in the North Idaho tree service industry. To be a part of this team means that you are ready to work hard and have a desire to excel. As the company grows, so will you and your position within the company.
Job Classification: Full-Time
Starting Pay: $25-35/hour depending on experience.
There will be a 60-day probationary period with the pay rate at $20/hour.
- 5 Paid Holidays
- Accidental Insurance
- Accrue paid time off after probationary period
- Option to purchase life, disability, and dental insurance
More benefits to be added as the company grows.
Estimated start date: April/May 2021
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-10 hours a day with a minimum of 20 hours a week during slow weeks. Flexible hours of 7-4pm usually. Please note that this business is open to emergency jobs, so it is important to be as flexible as possible during emergency situations. There also may be some weekend jobs throughout the year, but the majority of work will be scheduled during the week.
Experience: 1 or more years, tree climbing and rigging.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leading the overall tree crew in conjunction with the crew lead/foreman.
- Supervise others engaged in tree trimming work and train lower-level employees.
- Advanced knowledge of safety procedures and work with the crew lead to ensure the team is meeting safety standards.
- Operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools.
- Climb trees, using climbing hooks and belts, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas.
- Evaluate tree health for safety of climb.
- Plan tree trimming for multiple trees on the jobsite before beginning work.
- Evaluate all safety gear including harnesses, ropes, pulleys for safe functionality.
- Clean, sharpen, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Trim, top, and reshape trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches.
- Hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle.
- Operate shredding and chipping equipment, and feed limbs and brush into the machines.
- Load debris onto trucks and haul it away for disposal.
- Inspect trees to determine if they have diseases or pest problems.
- Cable, brace, tie, bolt, stake, and guy trees and branches to provide support.
- Collect debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles, using shovels, rakes or other tools.
- Provide information to the public regarding trees, such as advice on tree care.
- Split logs or wooden blocks into bolts, pickets, posts, or stakes, using hand tools such as axe wedges, sledgehammers, and mallets.
- 1 year, tree climbing and rigging
- 1 year, supervisory experience
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of basic climbing knots and rigging devices used in tree trimming and removal operations
- Lift heavy objects over 50 pounds
- Highly motivated, with focus on safety and excellent customer service
- Work and maneuver at varying heights under sometimes adverse weather conditions
- You must have your own: saddle and spurs. Ropes, saws and rigging equipment will be provided.
- Punctual, professional and arriving clean to the jobsite every day.
- Can pass a random drug test.
Preferred, but not required:
- Crew Lead experience
- Arborist certification
Highlights of the Coeur d’Alene Area:
- Lots of recreation! Hiking, hunting, fishing, boating, 4-wheeling, single track motocross, and more.
- Average home/apartment rental: $800-$2,000/month
- Fall 2020 gas/diesel price range: $1.99-$2.89/gallon
- County: Kootenai; 2019 Population: 165k
- Local hospital: Kootenai Health
- Summer temperature averages: 70°-90°; Winter temperature averages: 10°-40°.
- Coeur d’Alene pronounced as ‘core-duh-lane.’
- A small town culture and an amazing place.
Does sound like the right fit for you? Or do you have more questions? Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to CraftTreeCare@gmail.com or call the company owner Nicholas Craft at (208) 620-8242. If you can provide video clips (1 minute or less) of yourself climbing, that would be great.
Back to Job Listings