Sales Arborist & Tree Care Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Moss Landscaping is an award-winning, full-service landscape firm serving the Greater Houston area, including River Oaks, Memorial and West University. Our Sales Arborist & Tree Care Manager forms a part of the Maintenance Department and works closely with our clients to ensure all of their tree care needs are met. We believe in quality and insuring our clients’ investments, while continuing to add value to the property long after the original installation. Our Sales Arborist & Tree Care Manager oversees the Tree Division’s Safety, Sales & Manages and oversees the crews during projects.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the division’s safety and maintain high levels of safety by having sound tree risk assessment skills, properly inspecting all equipment and having strong knowledge of approved knots, proper tree climbing techniques and procedures as well as proper pruning/small tree removal and rigging skills.
- Responsible for supervising and overseeing tree crews and having direct and clear communication with the Tree Crew Foreman on daily crew operations.
- Ensures that the Tree Foremen are properly trained to be successful in their roles by providing leadership and assistance when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining required documentation in company systems for division’s timekeeping, sales & billing.
- Monitors the crew’s efficiency and assesses concerns and creates solutions for improvement.
- Provides field operational support on all needs and facilitates the movement of crews and equipment.
- Responsible for Tree Division’s Sales.
- Meets clients to provide proposals and tree estimates for pruning, feeding, tree and lighting protections.
- Diagnoses trees and creates a plan of action for treatment.
- Monitors workflow and ensures that crews have the volume of work needed and generates sales to ensure constant work for the division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS + ABILITIES
- Team oriented and able to offer support on special projects where needed
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, such as neighborhood deed restrictions and permitting processes for Houston municipalities
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and clients.
- ISA Certified and industry experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS + WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Involves light to moderate work in most types of weather
- Includes frequent standing, walking, sitting and active movement throughout the day
- 5+ years of experience in the Tree Care/Landscaping industry
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ID
Back to Job Listings