Female Tree Climber Wanted
Location: Sequim, WA
Salary: Pay is $20-30/hr depending on experience.
As a primarily woman-owned company working to increase the presence of women in the arboriculture field, we strive to provide opportunities for female arborists. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Two plus years of experience required.
We Love Trees is looking to add a motivated tree climber to our team. We will only hire members that share our values and love for trees. Please reply with a resume.
We Are a Conscious Tree Care and Removal Company. This means we are aware of the impact we have on trees, our environment and our employees and strive to do our best at all times.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each team member the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each team member has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert.
Our tree climber will work as a part of our crew to provide high quality tree care to clients including reporting to the Foreman, assisting Arborists, collecting and piling branches, maintaining tools and equipment, ensuring hazard-free work areas, and proper tree pruning and removal . We will provide all the training you need to learn how to climb and prune trees with and without spurs and execute tree care safely while maintaining the health of the trees.We will also help you get your ISA certification.
If hired you will be provided with top of the line equipment, including a yearly gear allowance after your 90 day probation period .
Training (including the ANSI Z133.1 and TCIA safety standards)
- The completion of ISA introduction to arboriculture,Safety, Climbing and pruning practices the first week of the job (provided by company)
- Carrying out all maintenance duties allocated by the Foreman.
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Assisting Arborists with tree removals, pruning, and debris disposals.
- Learning techniques and the proper use of tools from senior or more experienced crew members.
- Safely using tools and equipment like chippers and chainsaws to carry out maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring all sites are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Inspecting equipment and tools and performing repairs and maintenance when required.
- Using the appropriate company issued gear and observing safety protocols.
- Reporting any issues or safety hazards to the Foreman or other relevant parties.
- Adhering to company and environmental regulations at all times.
Tree Climber Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work at heights
- Mechanical aptitude and physical fitness
- Willingness to work in weather extremes
- 2 years of experience in the tree care business (preferred but not necessary)
- A valid Washington State drivers licence (CDL is a plus)
- The will to learn
- A positive attitude and no ego
- Superb communication skills.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Experience with proper pruning practices (preferred but not necessary)
- Ability to identify native and introduced tree and shrub species and have a working knowledge of each species' characteristics (preferred but not necessary)
Back to Job Listings