Seasonal Gardener (Landscape Operations) 4 month term
Location: Jamaica Plain, MA
This Seasonal Gardener (Landscape Operations) position is a four-month term appointment. The successful candidates will join the Arboretum’s Horticulture Department in the stewardship of one of the finest and most significant woody plant collections in North America. The Seasonal Gardeners work alongside fellow members of the Arboretum’s Landscape Operations Team responsible for implementation of the institutions mowing operations and aspects of its soils health program, management of irrigation and drainage systems, and other landscape maintenance and construction tasks as needed. The Arboretum seeks a dynamic and diverse group of individuals to fill seasonal positions. Hourly wage: $21.00. Benefits Eligible Position.
Assist Horticulture staff members with various tasks including:
- Mowing, string trimming, and leaf clean-up
- Weeding, mulching, and brush chipping
- Litter management
- Operation and maintenance of various equipment
- Hardscape and infrastructure maintenance tasks including irrigation, drainage, paths, and other landscape maintenance and construction projects as needed
- Related job duties as assigned
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for this role:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in arboriculture, horticulture, or related field preferred. A minimum of one (1) year experience in the field of landscape maintenance or a related field may be substituted for the educational requirement. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acquire a D.O.T. Medical Examiner’s Certificate as part of the pre-hiring process.
- Must be able to perform strenuous manual labor, including frequent lifting/carrying/transporting heavy loads up to 50 lbs
- Required to work in all weather conditions in all seasons
- Demonstrate performance in the safe & proper operation of the Arboretum’s equipment
- Essential staff for weather related emergencies impacting the grounds
Appointment End Date
Criminal, Drug Testing, Education, Identity
Full time. Monday through Friday. 40 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Link to apply: https://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341&Areq=52352BR
Back to Job Listings