Steven D Traylor
Location: Norfolk, VA
Salary: Hiring Range $37,337.00 to $41,070.00
The City of Norfolk's Department of Recreation, Parks and Open Space is currently seeking Tree Trimmer II's within the Division of Parks & Urban Forestry. The Tree Trimmers II will be responsible for performing skilled arboriculture practices on street, park and facility trees, including, pruning, removal of trees, logs and stump, cabling and bracing, pest suppression, fertilization, root collar excavations, and hazard assessments. Work involves leading their crew and maintaining all required paperwork and daily work logs in the absence of their Forestry Crew Leader.
Norfolk's Department of Recreation, Parks and Open Space is proud to announce it has been awarded national accreditation by the Commission for Accreditation of Parks and Recreation Agencies. This ensures we will continue to provide quality recreational services that enrich the lives of Norfolk's residents.
Departmental Hiring Range: $37,337.00 to $41,070.00
- Essential Functions
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Climbs, trims, prunes, removes, and sprays trees safely as directed. Utilizes all personal protective and safety equipment.
- Cleans the work area by raking, sweeping, and using a blower to remove chip brush.
- Operates and maintains vehicles and equipment by checking fluid levels, tire pressure, fuses and light bulbs, cleaning, adjusting and sharpening chainsaws, changing blades, and greasing equipment.
- Leads crew in the absence of Crew Leader by delegating work assignments, monitoring work to completion, completing and filing daily work reports, and making log book entries.
- Responds to emergencies by remaining on call during severe weather and removing trees and debris from roadways.
Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
Two years experience in professional tree care and one year or equivalent experience in supervision or equivalent combination of education beyond high school and experience.
- Additional Information & Requirements
- Valid CDL Driver's License obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator within six (6) months of employment.
- CPR/First Aid Certification obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- ISA Certified tree worker preferred.
Back to Job Listings