Pre-Inspectors (Utility Client)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Salary: $20-$30 per hour
Reports To: Project Manager
The Pre-Inspector assesses and evaluates trees and vegetation for recommendations to maintain safe and reliable flow of power outdoors and serves as point of contact between the client, property owner, and vegetation crews to find the best route to mitigate vegetation encroachment or failure towards utility lines.
- Evaluate trees and brush along utility right of ways.
- Evaluate vegetation for clearance to maintain safe distances between utility lines and vegetation.
- Perform health assessments for dead, dying or diseased trees with ability to strike utilities infrastructure.
- Recommend or prescribe the proper trimming, pruning or removal of vegetation in order to maintain safe and reliable flow of power.
- Serves as point of contact between the client, property owner, and vegetation crews to find best route to mitigate vegetation encroachment or failure towards utility lines
- Communicate to Project Managers any recommendations, assessments, and updates that pertain to project status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Must be proficient in basic computer/ipad (mobile devise) use (Microsoft Office, including Excel).
- Ability to work on mobile platform for data collection. ArcGIS experience preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to perform well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with property owners in difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in communicating and working with different agencies.
- Ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Arboriculture with a focus of Forestry, Urban Forestry, or Horticulture
- 1-5 years utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- ISA Certification is preferred
- Clean DMV driving record
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Regularly walk, hike, carry field equipment over long distances throughout the workday. 50 % to 100% of the workday may be outdoors.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- Travel through Northern California.
- Depending upon location, there may be extensive travel and possible overnight stays.
- Ability to type and operate a computer.
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for 6-8 hours per day.
Back to Job Listings