Hazard Tree Assessor
Location: Southern California
Salary: 19.50 - 27/hour
Hazard Tree Assessor
We are currently seeking Hazard Tree Assessors to support to Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Hazard Tree Mitigation Program. Western ECI will help support SCE’s program by inspecting overhead powerlines located in High Fire Threat Districts. The majority of this work occurs outside of the urban environment and in the forests of Southern California. We are looking for experienced, energetic professionals who wish to join our growing team and grow their career in the utility vegetation management industry. This is a full time opportunity to work outside and explore rural Southern California with opportunities for advancement. Lead and supervisory opportunites are also available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess utility facilities for vegetation compliance
- Notify property owners of line clearance work to be performed
- Obtain necessary permits from public agencies
- Promote and maintain good public relations
- Perform Level 1 and 2 tree risk assessment inspections
- Document and record information with mobile device
- Operate with the highest level of personal and public safety
- Must currently hold an ISA Arborist Certification
- Must have solid tree identification skills and the ability to read maps.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must have basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related field preferred
- One (1) year of utility vegetation management related experience preferred
- Inventory or surveying experience a plus
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fire rake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Western Environmental Consultants, LLC. (Western ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at Western ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. Western ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential. Western ECI continues to work with the clients we serve to bring innovation and technology to the Utility industry.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
Western ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings