Utility Forestry Pre-inspector - Arizona Public Service
Location: Prescott, AZ
Forestry Pre-Inspector Prescott, AZ
As a Forestry Pre-Inspector you will provide support to APS Forestry and Special Programs crews and planners so that the vegetation management program complies with department goals and objectives. Additionally you will notify line-clearance activities to affected landowners including private, federal, state, and local municipalities, compile work assignments for crews, schedule work to accommodate customer's needs, operate in conformance with APS accident prevention manual and the APS Vegetation Management Manual and work with APS Designers to accomplish tree work involving construction work-orders. This position is located in Prescott, Arizona. Environmental factors: Subject to work hours outside of the normal work schedule and outdoors during inclement weather situations. Periodically prone to dangers inherent to work sites including exposure to sharp, high-speed rotating equipment, electrical fields, falling and flying debris, difficult terrain, pesticides, and animal, insect, and snake bites. Involves driving throughout service territory and frequent overnight travel.
- Minimum of two year's of experience in utility arboriculture or an International Society Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist with at least 1 year of field experience in utility arboriculture.
- Degree in Forestry or related field as well as design experience preferred.
- Must possess and maintain ISA Arborist and Utility Specialist certifications and/or obtain such certifications within two years of employment.
- Must possess negotiating skills and an aptitude for customer service relations and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to apply established policy and practices of the occupation to the resolution of work problems and to identify exceptional cases for referral
1. Provide support to overall directives and performance expectations of the department.
2. Contact affected landowners in assigned area to conform to the overall work plan developed by management.
3. Investigate internal and external requests for tree work.
4. Review maps and easement documents to determine easement rights and delineate property boundaries.
5. Participate in training and public education programs by preparing and/or presenting information.
6. Maintain up to date knowledge of technology and regulations through professional reading, attendance at seminars and participation in professional organizations.
7. Compile work assignments for crews and schedule work to accommodate customer's needs.
Benefits APS offers a generous benefits package to employees that include but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension, supplemental life insurance, paid time off, nine paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and advanced wellbeing program.
Posting Close: 6/24/19
For additional details and to apply for the position please click on the following link:
Job #: 20190495
Posting Close Date: June 24, 2019
Questions? Call the Recruiter, Mary Anne Burdick @ 602-250-3907 or email at MaryAnne.Burdick@aps.com
Visit www.aps.com/careers to Apply!
Back to Job Listings