As an international organization with more than 24,000 members around the world, ISA adheres to a governance structure that provides the support, organization and adaptability required to meet organizational and chapter needs. We encourage you to take a few moments to learn more about the bylaws, policies and procedures that govern ISA.
Read the 2020-2021 Annual Report
ISA is governed by a set of by-laws that provide a solid foundation from which a large, international organization can best serve its diverse membership and credential holders. We encourage all members to view the by-laws. Any ISA chapter is welcome to use the ISA corporate by-laws as the basis to establish supporting policies and procedures at the chapter level.
View the ISA Bylaws
ISA’s Organizational Focus
ISA exists so that:
The value and benefits of trees, as well as the people who care for and about them, are recognized around the world.
- Increasing numbers of professionals worldwide who engage in safe, ethical, industry- accepted tree care practices.
- 1.1 Increasing number of professionals who utilize multiple resources, including peer-reviewed, science-based industry accepted practices, through various technologies to increase their knowledge and skills to manage trees.
- 1.2 Increasing number of professionals who achieve internationally-recognized standards of competency.
- 1.3 Increasing the number of people who view arboriculture and urban forestry as a diverse, inclusive, and equitable profession.
- Increasing the number of stakeholders who rely on ISA to inform their tree management decisions to improve tree care outcomes.
- 2.1Components have opportunities to network, collaborate, and exchange information, knowledge, and exemplary practices.
- 2.2 Partners and allied professionals have access to resources and tools to increase the understanding of professional tree care.
- 2.3 Increasing the number of stakeholders who use credentialed and competent arborists to manage and care for trees.
- Increasing awareness that trees are an integral part of global sustainability solutions.