As an international organization with more than 24,000 members around the world, ISA adheres to a governance structure that provides the support, organization and adaptability required to meet organizational and chapter needs. We encourage you to take a few moments to learn more about the bylaws, policies and procedures that govern ISA.
ISA is governed by a set of by-laws that provide a solid foundation from which a large, international organization can best serve its diverse membership and credential holders. We encourage all members to view the by-laws. Any ISA chapter is welcome to use the ISA corporate by-laws as the basis to establish supporting policies and procedures at the chapter level.
Download a PDF of the ISA By-laws.
ISA’s Organizational Focus
ISA exists so that professionals, allied professionals, public officials, and consumers worldwide recognize the economic, environmental, and societal benefits and values of trees and their care at a worth that demonstrates the wise stewardship of resources.
The organization’s focus is supported by the following objectives:
- To provide the tools to increase the number of professionals who properly and safely care for trees. To achieve this, ISA:
- Encourages professionals to take advantage of available opportunities for increasing their tree care knowledge and skills to maintain trees properly and safely.
- Ensures that professionals have access to peer-reviewed, science-based best practices.
- Offers and maintains an extensive, global credentialing program to increase the numbers of professionals who achieve an internationally-recognized standard of competency.
- To ensure that ISA entities have the resources and tools necessary to provide services to local arborists, influence local decision-makers, and facilitate the public exchange of information. In this effort, ISA provides ISA entities a forum for networking, collaboration, and exchange of information, knowledge, and exemplary practices.
- To increase the numbers of consumers, public officials, and allied professionals who seek credentialed arborists to maintain trees