Certified Utility Arborist
Location: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Salary: US $4,530 - $5,540 per month
Terra Vegetation and Maintenance Solutions specializes in vegetation management, maintenance and bespoke utility scale services to customers in the residential, commercial and utility sectors.
We are recruiting for a skilled certified arborist to safely trim/remove vegetation in and around power lines. In this position, you will be required to operate a bucket truck and use mechanical tools while working near energized powerlines of voltages up to 13,000 volts, and on occasion the climbing of trees by means of climbing gear to perform the necessary works.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience working near energized powerlines, with hydraulic tools, gas-powered saws and various hand-tools. The candidate must be familiar with working in areas surrounded by traffic, rugged terrains and extreme vegetation conditions. Should possess intermediate customer communication skills and complete all health and safety trainings successfully.
- Knowledge of various gas-powered machines, tools, equipment and work aids such as chainsaws, brush-cutters, pruners etc.
- Knowledge of tree species, promoting tree health through cutting techniques, tree pruning and felling experience.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Be proficient with technology and use of electronic devices.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in Vegetation Management, Arboriculture, or another two-year technical certification in a similar area is preferred.
- Must have an Arborist Certification from the ISA or another reputable organization.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Certified Arborist and working near overhead Transmission & Distribution powerlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license up to Group 4.
Comprehensive health insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision), pension plan contributions, 15 days paid vacation, training opportunities and development programmes, possible relocation assistance.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The successful candidate may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Cayman Islands, George Town KY1-1109
345 916 6679
Back to Job Listings