Tree Care Operations Manager
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Salary: 60,000 - 85,000
Do you love the outdoors? Spending time marveling at nature’s beauty surrounded by neatly trimmed hedges and healthy trees? If you answered yes, then Yellowstone Landscape could be the place for you! As an Arbor Department Manager you’ll feel right at home in your “field” office, always being on the go, checking in on your crews and meeting with clients to ensure that we’re exceeding their expectations. There’s no such thing as monotony here! At Yellowstone, we’re always learning, changing and growing. Join our team as an Arbor Manager in our Jacksonville Branch!
Yellowstone Landscape is dedicated to excellence in commercial landscaping. As the largest privately-owned commercial landscaping company in the nation, we offer exciting career opportunities for Landscape Professionals across the United States. To learn more, visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
• Hire, train and develop arbor crews to prune, remove and plant trees, as well as install cables and brace rods. Ensure crews use proper techniques, work efficiently and safely.
• Use the latest industry technology and applications to manage your team, schedule crews, calculate and track hours and keep to your budget.
• Inspect and assess tree health and damage using specialist equipment, then develop recommendations.
• Create and update tree inventories and annual Plant Health Care Programs for clients; maintain records and reports.
• Manage the application process for city, environmental, safety, and/or right of way permits.
• Work alongside the Maintenance Account Manager in meeting with clients proactively and regularly. Serve as the consultative tree care subject matter expert.
• Prepare estimates and propose enhancements for clients and potential customers.
• Coordinate with other departments including Business Development, Safety and the Field Support Team (aka our back office) to promote a seamless workflow.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass or related major preferred. Associate degree or relevant experience will also be considered.
• Very rarely do we hire anybody into this role that doesn’t have tree care experience. Knowledge of tree species, as well as the diseases and insects that can affect them, is key.
• Certified Arborist designation and Certified Tree care Safety Professional (CTSP) credential are a plus.
• Someone who loves a challenge - Mother Nature, budgets, short staffed on a Monday morning – you know the drill!
• Ability to comfortably have conversations with people of all backgrounds. Interact with your crews, Board Presidents, and our senior management/CEO.
• Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
Why Join Yellowstone?
• Competitive pay; paid weekly
• Full group benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k with a company match, paid time off and holiday pay
• Aggressive incentive plan
• Industry leading safety programs
• Company provided work shirts and safety gear
• Equipped with optimal and most professional equipment
• High profile customers, worksites and landscape results
• Opportunity to advance within one of the industry’s fastest growing companies
• A company that values and appreciates YOU
Become part of the team dedicated to Excellence in Commercial Landscaping
Tree Care Website: https://www.yellowstonetreecare.com/locations/jacksonville/?keyword=tree%20company&gclid=CjwKCAjwt7SWBhAnEiwAx8ZLakXh4ACixy8PwAbHZE6dxIlPZAekvvvcjRDbiR0zG2EzufQFOUTMgRoChyYQAvD_BwE
2663 Robert St
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Back to Job Listings