Business Developer-Sales Arborist
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Salary: 70,000 to start
$70,000 to start, more based on experience
- 2021 Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
- 100% Employee Owned
As a Business Developer-Sales Arborist for Rainbow Treecare (a division of Rainbow Tree Company), your primary responsibility includes managing all aspects of Rainbow Treecare’s sales relationships with commercial clients, including office parks, multi-family housing, and homeowner’s associations. This position is an integral part of our commercial consulting team. The ideal candidate will have experience educating, proposing, and closing sales to existing commercial clients and cultivating new business opportunities.
You are knowledgeable and experienced with all aspects of tree and shrub care, including proper diagnosis, treatment protocols, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management, and industry-approved tree care practices. You will be responsible for estimating time and cost for crews and machinery to perform plant health care, tree removal, and pruning, as well as other Rainbow Treecare services. Plant Identification is also an important job function. Lastly, strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of organization is necessary to communicate, often to a group, proposals, our brand, and benefits to long-term tree management in a high-quality manner.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain existing commercial relationships to retain and grow current contracts through ongoing communication
- Cultivate new business opportunities within current and new clients
- Provide consultations to clients that include long-term planning and budget creation
- Timely preparation and presentation of plan proposals to boards and other stakeholders
- Manage accurate data input and analysis into our GIS System to ensure tree inventory integrity
- Occasional public speaking on the Rainbow Treecare brand and our commercial services
- Two-year degree in Urban Forestry or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial customer experience
- Knowledge, expertise, and experience diagnosing regional tree/shrub problems
- Experience in client management through a customer database/CRM system
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Current ISA Certification or ability to obtain one within one year (we pay for test)
- BS in Urban Forestry or related field
- 5 plus years of municipal or customer experience
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Use of GIS for creating and managing plant inventories
What We Offer:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within!
You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company (www.rainbowtreecompany.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity.
We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
Back to Job Listings