Regional Safety Manager
Regional Safety Manager
As a Regional Safety Manager, you will manage the development and progress of the company’s safety and regulatory programs in all assigned offices within the Midwest (USA) and Ontario (Canada), develop and supervise Local Office Safety Coordinators, and coordinate safety and regulatory goals and training objectives through division and local management teams. This is an opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and diversified Safety Management team.
Preferred Candidate Location: Ohio, Indiana, or Illinois
Region Covered: Midwest (USA) and Ontario (Canada) - (MN, IL, IN, MI, OH, and ONTARIO)
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Industry credential/license pay increases - we encourage and invest in your professional development
- Company provided uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories in Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
- Travels routinely throughout the Midwest (USA) and Ontario (Canada) and inspects facilities, work sites, and tree care crews for compliance with safety, transportation, and environmental programs
- Supports and assists with the professional development of Local Office Safety Coordinators within the assigned region
- Understands and utilizes company safety and regulatory compliance database and software programs to audit and assess each individual or individual location’s strengths and weaknesses
- Develops and oversees safety improvement action plans designed to meet the specific needs of individuals or individual locations based on assessment and analysis
- Ability to Instruct and develop individual skill levels using advanced learning techniques and principles
- Coordinates and supervises arboricultural skills courses implemented at the division and local level by local instructors
- Investigates and supervises accident investigations in order to determine the direct, indirect, and root causes and ensure that corrective action is implemented that addresses the root causation
- Reviews and understands safety and compatibility issues with arboricultural equipment utilized within the industry
- Serves as a member of the Corporate Safety Committee in order to advise senior management on the proper courses of action needed to improve the overall safety performance of the company
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Corporate Safety Director
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Arboriculture industry or 5 years of experience as a safety professional in another industry
- Must be willing and able to travel routinely with overnight stays to local offices throughout the Midwest (USA) and Ontario (Canada)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and presentation skills
- BCSP, ASSP, or NASP Safety Professional Credential(s)
- Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP)
- Valid Class B CDL or ability to obtain CDL
- State Licensed Pesticide Applicator or ability to obtain an applicator license
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Click here to apply!
Back to Job Listings