Utility VM Program Pre Inspector Manager(PIM)
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Salary: See Job Description
Immediate position open:
Established in 1999, Foresters Co-Op has been a key figure in California forestry applying our forest management expertise on hundreds of thousands of acres of public and private timberland while also providing Professional Vegetation Management services for our state’s major utilities. FCO has established a reputation of quality by maintaining an experienced staff of Licensed RPF Foresters, Arborists, GIS Analysts and Forestry Technicians, thus affording future employees the opportunity to work in a challenging environment of technical and interesting natural resource management projects. Many of our newly hired staff shortly become lead foresters working directly with our clients, in a project management role.
Forester's Co-Op has an Immediate Opening for Utility VM Program Manager within our company.
Responsibilities shall include oversight and delegation of work assignments and scheduling for all VM staff working under the staff supervisor. Staff supervisor is responsible for all VM staff completing training assignments required by Utility, including QC for VMI and SVMI employees. Staff supervisor will be responsible for comprehensive staff training including but not limited to species identification, growth habits of conifers and hardwoods, disease identification and prevention, customer relations, scope compliance and safety tool knowledge and use. Monthly inspections of VM staff field safety equipment, fire prevention tools and first aid will be required. Staff Supervisor is responsible for implementing a monthly program wide quality control audit on all VM staff working under the staff supervisor to ensure all preferred scope and compliance is being successfully implemented by SVMI and VMI staff. All safety reporting, reports of work status and data reporting will be facilitated by the staff supervisor. Act as lead Agency liaison for VM related projects and provide post project monitoring and reporting to agencies as per permit requirements.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be subject to a security back ground checks, verification of past employment and experience, driving record check, and drug and alcohol screening.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a workplace confidentiality agreement
- Delegate and schedule all work assignments for VM staff
- Act as lead agency liaison for VM related projects
- Responsible for tracking completion of all VM staff training assignments
- VM Field staff safety meetings and equipment inspections
- Implementation of program wide monthly quality control audits on SVMI and VMI staff
- Identifying, inspecting and assessing vegetation along right of ways for vegetation management
- Inventorying assessed vegetation via ESRI applications on iPad or iPhone.
- In Field inspections expected to be up to 95% of the time.
- Working closely with property owners to assess and assign tree work as needed.
- Quality Control and Work Verification of completed projects. (Ensuring deliverables are correct and accurate.
- Requires 5+ years of Utility Vegetation Management experience in the field supervising VM inspectors
- ISA Certified Arborist and/or
- California Registered Professional Foresters License (RPF)
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ Certification)
- 4-year college degree in Forestry or a related field
- Valid CA driver’s License with clean driving history
- Above average math and computer skills, GIS knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of GPS systems
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather and hike and negotiate steep, brushy terrain
This position will be based out of Grass Valley, CA, and may require out of town travel as may be required to meet client needs. Applicant will primarily as a member of a 5-person team. Working individually or in pairs as the work assignment might warrant throughout the Northern Sierra Nevada area.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a B.S. or advanced degree in forestry or closely related field
- Ability to obtain a California Registered Professional Foresters License within the next two years
- Familiarity with the California Forest Practice rules, PRC Title 14
- Familiarity with Northern California tree species, basic mensuration, and silvicultural techniques
- Working knowledge of a diameter tape, relaskope, hypsometer and other common forestry equipment
- Must be able to work alone in the woods
- Operations of all-terrain vehicles (ATVs and 4WD vehicles)
- Strong management and personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
Compensation is competitively offered and based upon experience and qualifications. The position offers the full range of company benefits, medical, 401k, use of company vehicle, paid holidays and vacation. The position offers an above average salary dependent on experience and qualifications. This is a non-union represented job classification.
If you believe you have the experience and qualifications that meet the minimum standards of this job announcement contact us immediately. Please send a Resume, references and a Cover Letter to email@example.com.
415 Colfax Highway
Grass Valley, California 95945
Back to Job Listings