Location: Kelowna, BC
What are you looking for in an arboricultural career? Do you want to make a lasting impact? Gain expertise via access to breakthrough research and development? Or would you like to advance as far as your hard work and ambitions will take you? Bartlett Tree Experts offers all of that - and more. As the oldest, largest, and premier scientific tree and shrub care company in the world, our people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. Join our family-owned company - and make our next success story your own.
We are seeking experienced Arborist Climbers who have a passion for preserving and caring for trees.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Life, LTD, ADD, medical and dental
- RPP Plan, Healthcare spending account, and paid vacation and holidays
- Industry credential/license pay increases
- Company-paid uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Boot reimbursement up to $200
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories
Pay Rate: $25-$28 per hour based on experience. Job type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Number of positions: 1 (one)
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
- Perform all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments, as directed by crew leader
- Examine trees to diagnose problems and disease, plant and move trees
- Demonstrate high safety standards, sound tree risk assessment skills, equipment inspection skills, proper application of approved knots, proper climbing techniques and procedures, proper pruning and small removal skills, and proper rigging skills
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager
- At least 1 year of climbing – arborist approved climbing system and bucket operation experience in the tree care industry.
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Secondary (high) school graduation is required. Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science or a related field is preferred but not required.
WORK SITE ENVIRONMENT, CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES
1086 Richter Street
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada V1Y 2K5
Rural area and/or urban area; At heights, outdoors, noisy at times.
Attention to detail; handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity; bending, crouching, kneeling.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Bartlett Tree Experts has been in business for over 100 years. We are the largest family-owned tree care company in North America with over 100 offices in the USA, Canada, and Europe. We pride ourselves in offering scientific tree care and have unmatched resources with the Bartlett Tree Research Laboratory. If you are someone who is looking for a long-term future with a great company, submit your resume by email at email@example.com, and come join our winning team.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Kelowna, British Columbia
Back to Job Listings