Consulting Arborist & Urban Forester
Location: Pleasanton, CA
HortScience | Bartlett Consulting (H|BC), a Division of the F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company, is a horticulture, arboriculture, and urban forestry consulting firm that helps state, local, and federal government, public agencies, and commercial clients create and preserve enduring landscapes.
The H|BC team is based in Pleasanton, CA. Clients turn to us when they need support with tree preservation projects, tree risk assessment and management, tree inventories and management plans, plant problem diagnosis, and soil, plant, and water assessments.
H|BC is currently seeking an experienced full-time Consulting Arborist and Urban Forester to join our growing team. This unique opportunity will allow you to gain experience across a wide variety of services, projects, and geographies. As an integral member of the team, you will help us assess, research, and deliver highly effective and workable solutions to our clients.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories
- This position involves a wide range of activities, including field assessments, report writing, project management, client interaction and communication, presentations at public meetings, continuing education and maintenance of professional credentials, business promotion, and other assigned duties including:
- Provide on-site consultation, data collection, field monitoring, and mapping.
- Inspect trees and landscapes and provide assessments of health and condition and develop recommendations and opinions regarding treatments and management options.
- Prepare proposals, budgets, schedules, and participate in interviews.
- Assess and evaluate complex situations, form defensible opinions, and prepare logical, practical recommendations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual clients.
- Initiate and review billing for completed projects.
- Represent H|BC and its clients at public meetings.
- Assist other company staff as needed.
- B.S. degree in horticulture, plant science, urban forestry, or a related field; M.S. degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) year’s experience in horticulture.
- ISA Certified Arborist.
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of tree identification (common and scientific names), biology and structure, and how environment and site conditions affect the health and structural stability of trees and urban forests.
- Knowledge of construction practice as it affects trees.
- Strong sense of customer service and cooperative approach to client interaction. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Acrobat)
- Able to use or learn to use basic components of AutoCAD and ArcGIS; ability to prepare maps in these programs preferred.
- Able to work outdoors for prolonged periods on uneven ground while carrying approximately 5 lbs. of equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Able to work efficiently and independently.
- Able to perform visual assessments of plants and sites.
- Able to travel throughout the greater SF Bay Area to job sites is required.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Click here to apply!
Back to Job Listings