Vegetation Management Work Verification Manager
Location: Flexible Location throughout service territory
VM Work Verification Manager (Flexible Location)
Concord, CA, US, 94520
Requisition ID # 74969
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Concord
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Leads work verification staff to ensure public safety, electric reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal vegetation management rules. Serves as a subject matter expert, provides guidance and influence, and acts as an external leader in the industry on regulatory issues and market strategies. Partners with vegetation management operation and public entities to monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to ensure system reliability and safety objectives.
- Deals with complex, difficult and or sensitive issues with customers and public entities escalated from supervisors and others including Sr. Management and regulatory authorities. May speak/present to elected officials, regulatory bodies and others, representing PG&E’s position regarding vegetation issues. Seeks resolutions that balance the customer and business needs.
- Oversees work verification inspections and recommended actions. Ensures checks, audits, inspections of contractor work are completed regularly and corrective action is recommended and implemented to ensure regulatory compliance, safety and reliability.
- Manages operating budgets. Reviews forecasts and budgets to assure accuracy before submitting to Sr. Manager for approval. Ensures teams update forecasts on monthly basis and provide to the Vegetation Governance group for consolidation and reporting. Monitors expenses and reports on actuals vs. budget. Develops variance explanations and action plans.
- Ensures regular focus on performance improvement opportunities. Determines and assigns team leads for specific improvement projects.
- Coaches Supervisors participating in regulatory and/or industry forums, public hearings or legal proceedings. May provide expert witness testimony in the more high profile legal cases involving vegetation issues.
- Oversees and reviews the development of new or revised scopes of work for work verification contractors to ensure compliance standards and deliverables are established.
- Active in the utility arborist association to influence standards across the industry and may lead large statewide efforts on behalf of PG&E to resolve issues and conflicts or to educate other parties.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Utility Specialist certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- Strong knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques
- Broad knowledge of current utility and energy industry, economic and social & political issues, trends and business drivers
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Good strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Business and financial acumen to manage significant budgets
- Adaptability to work within a heavily regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Influence and negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy and political acumen to navigate sensitive customer/public issues
- Strong independent organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of project and program management concepts, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, process improvement skills and creative thinking to review compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- TRAQ certification
- Knowledge or experience in quality assurance and quality control programs
To safely and reliably deliver affordable and clean energy to our customers and communities every single day, while building the energy network of tomorrow.
With a sustainable energy future as our North Star, we will meet the challenge of climate change while providing affordable energy for all customers.
We put safety first.
We are accountable. We act with integrity, transparency and humility.
We are here to serve our customers.
We embrace change, innovation and continuous improvement.
We value diversity and inclusion. We speak up, listen up and follow up.
We succeed through collaboration and partnership. We are one team.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, our 24,000 employees deliver safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy to nearly 16 million people throughout our Northern and Central California service area, stretching from Eureka to Bakersfield and from the Pacific Ocean to the Sierra Nevada.
More About Our Company
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Employee Privacy Notice The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) goes into effect on January 1, 2020. CCPA grants new and far-reaching privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information PG&E collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed through the following link: Employee Privacy Notice
PG&E will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with all state and local laws.
Back to Job Listings