ISA Certified Arborist
Salary: 30-40 per hour
SALARY: Non-exempt position from $30.00 - 40.00 / hour, based on education, experience, certifications and qualifications.
- Certified with ISA is required
- TRAQ certification is highly preferred but we will consider candidates who are willing and able to achieve within 90 days of employment with Markit!
- Utility experience is required
WORK WEEK: This role will operate 4 days a week, 10 hours per day with potential for overtime
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, Retirement with company match of 2%, PTO, Sick days, and paid holidays.
Continued Education Units (CEUs): Markit! will facilitate both the ongoing maintenance of current certifications as well as offer support and training for you to attain certifications such as TRAQ and others while on active projects with Markit!
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: You will be working on behalf of Markit! for varying California Utility companies, therefore requiring you to be able to travel to and within the state of California as requested. Significant travel and overnight work is required. Work is typically scheduled Monday through Thursday, with potential for weekend work as needed.
- Markit! will provide appropriate transportation based out of a singular location. It will be the responsibility of the employee to get to and from that location on a daily basis.
WORK LOCATION: Work is based in various locations across California.
SUMMARY: Markit! Forestry Management LLC is looking for Arborists to help in the identification, assessment, and inventory of vegetation within and adjacent to electrical utility rights of way. You will be working with various utility companies on behalf of Markit! to assess potential vegetation conflicts and determine appropriate mitigation to ensure compliance with all applicable vegetation clearance laws and regulations, and will play a major role in helping positively impact change in how these lands and forests are maintained over time.
What You'll be Doing:
- Meet project goals as established by Markit!’s project manager.
- Inspect and inventory the utility rights of way, easements, and/or adjacent lands for potential or existing vegetation conflicts.
- Identify targeted vegetation and necessary mitigation actions to prevent/address conflict with utility infrastructure utilizing a GIS on an iOS or android device.
- Coordinate with Markit! employees and project managers as it relates to inventory results, project planning, and workflow.
- Represent Markit! in a professional manner in all interactions incidental to this role.
What You Have:
- A two year degree in forestry, environmental science or related disciplines is highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related utility vegetation management inspection and planning experience
- Fluent (verbal and written) in the English language
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to remain focused during physical exertion.
- Significant attention to detail, diligence in providing accurate data, and ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to read and follow topographical maps and GIS data in both hard copy and digital formats.
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle in varying topographical and urban environments.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including demanding and rigorous terrain and during sometimes unfavorable weather conditions
What We Need:
- Highly motivated and positive people who are passionate about forest management.
- Candidates who do not meet education and certification requirements should apply to our Non-certified Arborist role
- Ability to maintain and carry a valid driver license and remain eligible to operate company vehicles including trucks and all-terrain vehicles.
- Ability to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- People who are comfortable walking and hiking in a variety of topographical settings in all types of weather.
- People who aren’t afraid to get dirty doing the essential duties of the role i.e kneeling, crouching, digging,, etc.
- People who are comfortable using handheld technology such as phones, tablets, GIS, and computers.
Back to Job Listings