Consulting Utility Forester
Location: Gulfport, MS
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Consulting Utility Forester position is ideal for entry level and seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
• Two-year forestry degree or equivalent OR high school diploma plus two years of UVM experience
• Vegetation management experience preferred
• ISA Arborist cerfification preferred
• Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
• Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
• Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
• Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
• Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
• Valid driver's license required
• Full-time position
• ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR company!
• Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
• ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
○ Group life insurance
○ Optional life insurance
○ Short- and long-term disability
○ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
• Boot allowance program
• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
• Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)ion will schedule work for all the VM crews on a weekly basis prioritizing work for efficiency and in alignment with budget expectations; Coordinate and communicate between various departments and contractors to ensure project deadlines are met; Manage field collected data for verification and prioritization; Manage work order data for proper record keeping and compliance.
4500 Courthouse Boulevard, #150
Stow, Ohio 44224
Back to Job Listings