Location: West Des Moines, IA
Title: Account Manager
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: West Des Moines, IA
The main objective of the Account Manager is to work under the direction of the Sales Manager to generate sales opportunities and meet sales goals. Primary duties would include surveying commercial and residential properties, handling client proposal requests, and performing site inspections to identify and determine necessary arboricultural and horticultural recommendations. Responsible for developing and maintaining long-term client relationships and generating new business development leads through creative sales techniques. Must be experienced with tree care safety hazards, tree ID and pest/disease evaluation, Integrated Pest Management, and tree and shrub diagnostics for pest and disease disorders. Must be able to estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, or any other proposed tree care needs or services provided by Wright Outdoor Solutions.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Effectively price all types of tree care treatments and other services offered
- Strong communication skills for both internal and external clients – ensuring client satisfaction
- Willingness to conduct client presentations for business development
- Strong outgoing personality to effectively communicate with clients in a professional social setting
- Perform site inspections for proposal preparation
- Provide required information necessary for the development of proposals. Such information would include:
- Identification of plant material on-site and the development of site plant inventory
- Identification of current and potential pests/diseases
- Proven ability to provide effective recommendation treatments or services
- Ability to provide effective site risk assessment, addressing hazards, site conditions, tree conditions, etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintain a clean, and professional appearance while on clients' property
- Participate in Sales Department meetings and actively comply with the Sales Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with all Wright Outdoor Solutions policies and guidelines such as appropriate attire, event attendance, etc.
- Actively participate in the implementation and compliance of safety-related programs and work practices
- Working longer hours during peak selling periods with the high potential for weekend work as necessary
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- ISA Arborist Certification
- Experience in a sales-oriented environment
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with both clients and co-workers
- Advanced knowledge of tree/shrub identification, diagnostics, and services
- Working knowledge of ANSI standards relative to the industry
- Ability to assess all types of risk on a job site, including utilities, tree conditions, site conditions, etc.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proven sales track record and ability to attain required sales goals
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered by Wright Outdoor Solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- ISA Certified Arborist
- 2 - 5 years or more of arboriculture and or horticulture experience
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an environmental field (preferred)
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.wrightoutdoorsolutions.com/careers/ and submit an application.
Back to Job Listings