Location: New Rochelle, NY
In the Role as Branch Manager with Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care Co., you'll provide oversight to a team of Arborists to ensure quality and timely plant health care and general tree care for our valued clients as you service, maintain and grow your assigned sales territory.
You'll oversee a team of arborists working out of our New Rochelle office. This is Almstead’s most established branch with over 50 years of successful operation. The New Rochelle office will give you a strong base of support with our experienced crews, veteran foreman, and large support staff, including administrative staff, an IT team, a marketing team, and a human resources team. You'll check in at the office, but will keep your own calendar of appointments and have a great deal of autonomy to complete your work. We'll help you manage the process at first to set you up well for success.
The territories of this branch include the Central Park Conservancy, St. John’s University, private schools, local municipalities, and high-end residential clients. Your goal will be to learn from the CEO so that you can maintain the current sales, and then to go beyond that to grow the customer base even further. Your work will be include coordination of the actual distribution of product or service to the customer. Coordinating sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establishing training programs for Sales Arborists. Analyzing sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements. The rest of your time will be spent prospecting for new business, seeking out and talking to new potential clients to help solve their landscaping issues, and networking.
With your background, you'll already know that the work day may be 8+ hours, with occasional weekends, but you also know that the more you put into the job the more potential commission you can earn. In storm weather you'll be on call 24/7, and you'll be expected to cover alternating Saturdays with the other arborists in the New Rochelle office. We work all year round, so you don't need to worry about an off-season.
Some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Lead the tree care operation by overseeing Sales Arborists and their staff
- Service, maintain and grow assigned territory.
- Make client and prospect visits to diagnose and monitor landscapes.
- Negotiate contract and bid proposals for residential and commercial customers.
- Develop and implement tree care and plant health care programs.
- Set up crews, supervise work being performed, and complete jobs to client satisfaction.
- Continually prospect for new business.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Set up personal sales expectations with Sales Arborists.
- Maintain a safe and controlled workplace and environment.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Confer or consult with other staff members to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Attend community and industry events to help promote our business.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
The Requirements to be a good fit for this opportunity you should have:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience selling in the arboriculture industry
- ISA certification or an equivalent state licensure required, CTSP preferred
- Proven track record in establishing, maintaining and growing a sales territory
- Hands-on knowledge of tree, plant and lawn care
- The ability to successfully manage, monitor, and direct a staff of Sales Arborists
- The ability to prepare and present proposals, either one-on-one or with small groups
- Experience managing large or complex accounts, such as municipal or condo associations, where there are multiple decision makers
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and P&L work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills and the ability to take high quality notes from your conversations with clients that lead to a solid proposal
- A valid driver's license with no current violations
Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.
58 Beechwood Avenue
New Rochelle, New York 10801
Back to Job Listings