Home > Membership > Related Organizations > Professional Affiliates
Professional Affiliates are member organizations that aim to supplement your ISA membership with resources and networks geared specifically toward your area of practice. The Professional Affiliates below outline available opportunities for specialized activities.
Arboricultural Research and Education Academy
Arboricultural Research and Education Academy (AREA) members are scientists and educators in all tree-related disciplines working toward the scientific understanding of woody plants and their care.
- Supports efforts of faculty, students, and researchers
- Coordinates the educational program at the ISA Annual Conference
Society of Commercial Arboriculture
Society of Commercial Arboriculture (SCA) members are concerned with establishing and sustaining long-range programs such as management, business trends, certification, legal issues, safety standards, compliance, equipment evaluation, job costing, and tree evaluation.
- Publishes quarterly newsletter, SCAToday
- Creates a network of leading commercial arborists throughout the world
- Hosts annual meeting devoted exclusively to topics of concern
- Supports the International Tree Climbing Championship
- Supports the Tree Dynamics and Arborists’ Techniques Fund
- Helps support college scholarships and tree care-related research
Society of Municipal Arborists
Society of Municipal Arborists (SMA) is an organization dedicated to maximizing efforts in the management and maintenance of trees in urban areas.
- Holds its own annual meeting, conference, and trade show
- Holds a one-day workshop at the annual ISA conference
- Offers a forestry department accreditation
- Offers members book club discounts
- SMA/UAA Toolkit
Utility Arborist Association
Utility Arborist Association (UAA) sustains long-range programs and communications regarding the technologies and methods of tree and vegetation management as they affect utilities.
- Publishes Utility Arborist Newsline six times a year
- Holds an UAA Annual Meeting
- Sponsors regional workshops
- Funds an annual UAA scholarship
- Promotes UAA annual awards programs
- Produces UAA publication and videos
- SMA/UAA Toolkit