Experienced Tree Climber
Location: San Antonio, TX
Salary: Qualified Climbers will earn a starting pay of $20-30/hr + benefits
Burkett Arbor Care is seeking experienced Tree Care Climbers. Experienced in using sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques, cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities, or to improve appearance, health, and value of tree. Prune or treat trees or shrubs using handsaws, hand pruners, clippers, and power pruners. Works off the ground in the tree canopy and may use truck-mounted lifts.
- Work as a member of a general tree care crew providing high-quality tree care.
- Learns, understands, and adheres to all safety rules and company safety policies.
- Follows directions from the crew leader or designated supervisor.
- Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills.
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day and must have own transportation.
- Perform specialized pruning and removals, install cabling and bracing using knowledge of compartmentalization & other concepts related to tree wounding/pruning
- Prune, cut down, fertilize, and spray trees as directed by tree surgeons.
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, and/or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle.
- Climb trees, using climbing hooks and belts, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas.
- Inspect trees to determine if they have diseases or pest problems.
- Safely operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools.
- Learns and understands the dangers associated with electrical hazards.
- Clean, sharpen, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Collect debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles, using shovels, rakes or other tools.
- Cable, brace, tie, bolt, stake, and guy trees and branches to provide support.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Communicates well with all crew members and crew leader.
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings