Natural Resources Intern
Location: Naples, FL
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3.
The summer internship in Natural Resources Management at Naples Botanical Garden offers current or recent students an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in land management for the conservation of plant diversity. The intern will work closely with the Conservation and Natural Resources team across a wide range of projects managing 90 acres of conservation land with a variety of habitat types and created native habitats within the formal gardens. The internship opportunity is a paid, full-time, 12-week position that will provide interns with an opportunity to broaden their experience in natural resource management practices in a public garden setting.
• Collaborate with the Conservation and Natural Resources team in the management of 90-acres of conservation land and native plantings at Naples Botanical Garden.
• Assist and support Garden staff with management activities and recommendations for off-site natural areas to promote conservation of plant diversity and ecosystems.
• Assist and support Garden staff with eradication of invasive exotic plant species in conservation lands.
• Collaborate across departments with the Horticulture, Conservation, and Education teams to further the Garden’s mission of connecting people with plants.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, enthusiasm, and a desire to learn.
• Willingness and ability to work outdoors in a hot and humid environment.
• Possess a commitment to the Garden’s mission of connecting people with plants with a demonstrated ability and interest in the environment.
• Highly organized and motivated with a strong work ethic with superior communication.
• Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Will be required to undergo a background check prior to being hired.
Please click on the link below to apply:
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.
Back to Job Listings